Junko is Remedial Massage therapist and Shiatsu practitioner who has lived in Melbourne for 10 years. Junko obtained her Diploma of Remedial Massage & Diploma of Shiatsu Massage while studying at East West Natural therapy college in Australia.
Originally from Japan, Junko’s deep interest in natural therapy & holistic work began from early age when she used to massage her grandmother. She discovered the nurturing effect, both emotionally and physically that massage can have on the body. Junko grew up surrounded by a hectic family business environment, which was rewarding but also very demanding. This inspired her to want to help people unwind from their stressful activities of daily living and bring about a positive change in their work and home lives.
Junko is a very passionate massage therapist with a warm and sincere approach tailored to her client’s needs. Her therapeutic approach is a combination of Eastern (Zen Shiatsu) and Western (Remedial) techniques. Her treatment incorporates the use of deep tissue massage, cupping, joint mobilisation, acupressure and trigger point therapy as well as stretching in order to open up meridian channels & relieve pain and spasms. The aim is to increase inner vitality. This can be expressed as an overall improvement in well being. Feeling grounded, calm and light are positive signs that you’re progressing favourably. Junko’s careful treatment supports your body’s natural ability to deal with stress and illness.
– Diploma of Remedial Massage
– Diploma of Shiatsu Massage
– Senior First aid
– Myofascial Cupping Level 1
– Pregnancy Massage
– Introduction to CranioSacral Therapy
– Sei Tai So on Neck, shoulders & Peripheral joints with Lance Dixion
– Fukushin in Modern Practice with Nigel Dawes
– Anatomy & physiology & associated massage techniques of the Lower back with emphasis an sciatica
– Traditional Japanese Moxibustion Therapy with Paul Movsessian